How Does Leasing a Car Work?
Leasing a car is a great option for Marietta drivers who don’t want to go through the trouble of buying and selling cars whenever they want to change their vehicle. Plus, it gives you the ability to always be driving a new vehicle. How does leasing a car work? It’s simple. Learn more right here from BMW of Gwinnett Place.
How to Lease a Car
If you decide that leasing a car is the right choice for your lifestyle in the Smyrna area, just follow these steps to how to lease a car:
- Make Your Budget: Leasing doesn’t require a down payment, but you still need to pay monthly ones. Create a budget for how much you can afford each month and use our payment calculator to get an estimate of your monthly payments.
- Determine How Many Miles You Drive Per Year: Leased vehicles have mileage restrictions, so finding out how many miles you drive in a year is essential for negotiating your lease contract. Your mileage will affect your monthly payments, and going over it can come with penalties.
- Find the Best Deal: Go to various dealerships looking for the best deal on your lease. Here at BMW of Gwinnett Place we have special lease offers you might want to consider.
- Negotiate: When you know which new BMW model you want, negotiate with the dealership to decide on monthly payments. Trading in your current vehicle can help you save.
- Sign and Drive: Once you’ve decided on your contract, all you have to do is sign and pay the necessary fees.
Leasing a Car Tips
There are some things that Alpharetta drivers who decide to lease need to keep in mind. These tips can help you out:
- Mileage Restrictions: Remember that leases have mileage limits. If you go over the limit, you often have to pay a penalty.
- Maintenance: A lease may be similar to a prolonged rental, but you are still responsible for all maintenance. You’ll have to pay for repairs if there’s any damage to the vehicle.
- No Customizations: In the same vein, the vehicle must stay as close as possible to factory condition when you lease. That means you can’t alter the vehicle unless the alterations can be easily undone at the end of the lease.
- Breaking Your Lease: It is possible to get out of a lease early. This is called breaking your lease. Doing so often requires you to pay a penalty fee.
How to Lease a Car: The End of Your Lease
An essential part of how to lease a car is knowing what to do when the lease ends. These are your options:
- Return the vehicle
- Exchange the vehicle for a new leased vehicle
- Extend the lease on your current vehicle
- Purchase the leased vehicle
Extending the lease or purchasing the leased vehicle doesn’t require anything, but deciding to return or exchange will mean you’ll have to prepare. Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Clean the Car: Clean the car inside and out before returning it, removing any and all belongings or trash that are inside.
- Bring Any Necessary Paperwork: Keep track of your copy of the initial terms of the agreement, as well as any service records. These are necessary at the time of return.
- Pay Any Existing Fees: If the vehicle needs to be repaired, you’ve gone over the mileage limit, or you’ve otherwise incurred a penalty on your lease, you’ll need to pay off the additional fees. If you can’t, you’ll at least have to pay a disposition fee that covers the dealership cost while assessing the vehicle and determining its resale value.
Come to BMW of Gwinnett Place to Lease a BMW
Now you know the answer to “how does leasing a car work?”, lease a car yourself at BMW of Gwinnett Place. Our finance team in Duluth can talk to you about your options.
More from BMW of Gwinnett Place
The 2022 BMW 4 Series has impressed both Marietta drivers and auto experts with its spectacular blend of luxury stylings and world-class performance, and there’s no better sedan for discerning drivers. But, how much will it cost? Get to know the 2022 BMW 4 Series price list with BMW of Gwinnett Place, and visit our dealership in…
The 2022 BMW X5 towing capacity can reach up to 7,200 pounds when equipped with any traditional turbocharged gasoline engine, or up to 5,952 pounds with the new plug-in hybrid trim level. No matter which powertrain you have, you’ll need to add the optional BMW X5 tow hitch to reach the maximum towing capacity….
If you’re looking to go further in your next Sports Activity Vehicle, then you’ll love the incredible fuel efficiency on Marietta roads offered by the new 2022 BMW iX range and charge time. This one-of-a-kind electric BMW SUV sports advanced engineering for a cleaner performance that will last you a long time no matter…