2020 BMW X5 Towing Capacity
When you drive with BMW, you can safely expect your vehicle to offer impressive power and capability. The 2020 BMW X5 towing capacity tops out at 7,200 pounds with the upgraded BMW X5 tow hitch, making it a smart choice for any adventurous driver near Marietta. Without the tow package, your capacity will top out at 6,602 pounds.
BMW X5 Towing and Performance Specs
All new BMW X5 SAV® models come equipped with an 8-speed automatic transmission. However, you’ll have several engines and drivetrain options to consider. Your X5 towing capacity isn’t dependent on what you choose, but your ability to get up to speed and haul cargo in your cabin will vary:
BMW X5 with 3.0L Twin-Turbo V6 engine
- 335 hp and 330 lb-ft of torque
- Maximum Payload Capacity: 827 pounds with RWD, or 849 pounds with AWD
- Curb Weight: 4,758 pounds with RWD, 4,813 pounds with AWD
BMW X5 with 4.4L TwinPower Turbo V8 engine
- 456 hp and 479 lb-ft of torque
- Maximum Payload Capacity: 871 pounds
- Curb Weight: 5,170 pounds
BMW X5 M50i with 4.4L TwinPower Turbo V8 engine
- 523 hp and 553 lb-ft of torque
- Maximum Payload Capacity: 882 pounds
- Curb Weight: 5,260 pounds
BMW X5 Tow Package
Once again, your BMW towing capacity will vary based on whether or not you opt for the BMW X5 tow package. Although $550 is a small price to pay for an impressive 7,200-pound tow rating, those who settle for the base 6,602-pound rating will be able to equip the available hands-free power tailgate.
BMW X5 Off-Road Adventuring
The available BMW X5 Off-Road Package costs $3,950, and lets you take your adventures to new heights! Here’s what’s included with the purchase:
- Two-Axle Air Suspension: At low speeds, your vehicle will be able to raise or lower its suspension height by 1.6 inches!
- Electronically-Controlled Rear Differential Lock: An M Sport Differential locks your axle while cornering in order to ensure superior control.
- xOffroad Package: This feature group adds four off-road driving modes, a mechanically-operated differential lock, and rear underguard elements to prevent damage when you’re moving over rough terrain.
Explore the X5 Inventory at BMW of Gwinnett Place!
Are you ready to experience the power of the new X5 on your own terms? Explore our new BMW X5 lease offers today, and find out how to start the purchasing process at home in Alpharetta or Atlanta. If you’d like to learn more about this BMW SUV like what sort of colors it’s available in or compare the BMW X3 vs. BMW X5, BMW X5 vs. Volvo XC90, or BMW X5 vs. Audi Q5, contact us today! You can compare all of our BMW SUVs to find the perfect vehicle for you!
More From BMW of Gwinnett Place
BMW will be expanding its electric vehicle lineup this Fall with the addition of the all-new BMW i5 electric executive sedan. Like the BMW i4 and BMW i7, the BMW i5 will offer best-in-class technology and dynamic all-electric power that will take your Marietta commute to the next level. Learn more about the 2024…
If you’re looking for a high-end SUV that’s still capable of taking on tough jobs around Marietta and Smyrna, then you’re sure to love the new 2023 BMW X3 towing capacity. So, how much can the BMW X3 tow? With the available BMW X3 tow hitch, this model can tow up to 4,400 pounds,…
The BMW X3 comes in four impeccable configurations from which Marietta drivers can choose. Take the time to compare the BMW X3 price by trim and features to see which configuration is the better choice for you. When you are ready, you can visit our dealership to explore our available inventory and set up…